
I am currently almost finished going through it as well, and it makes some very interesting points. The basic tone of the book is that global environmental problems won't be solved unless each one of us responds to our individual responsibility to do all that we can to make sure our own actions in our everyday routines are not having harmful effects on our brothers and sisters around the world, nor on future generations, but rather that we need to equip this generation and future generations to use less energy through a variety of measures: some of I previously did not easily or willingly associate with environmental care. It encourages thinking for yourself and doing a lot of your own research on the many topics discussed in the book: subjects that range from to taking a closer look at why the majority of people are afraid of death, to what we can do to address overpopulation.
IMPORTANT NOTE:
Whether you are a follower of Jesus Christ or not, anyone who is either concerned in issues relating to the environment or who believes there is some higher power in this universe should find the book an interesting read.
On a similar note, I came across this article on MSN news this morning.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21656644/
It is not really that enlightening on the topic, but does present some general information about the trend that environmental causes continue to see an increase in support as Christians in the USA are shifting to back the movement.
What are your thoughts on the topic? How does serving God, or even serving other people, relate to saving the planet? What responsibilities do we have? Please respond by posting comments, and let's see what you all have to say...
1 comment:
Hi, my name is Dustin and I work with Christians in Conservation: A Rocha USA. I saw your post about the book "Serve God, Save the Planet”, and I thought that you might like to know that its author, Dr. Matthew Sleeth, has recently become the president of our organization. We would love for you to check us out at our website, en.arocha.org/usa.
Post a Comment